When it comes to making any account using web services (online) or setting up PINs for your ATM cards, credit cards or debit cards, we often get advised to choose a PIN or password which is hard to guess by any other unauthorized or undesirable person and by using different characters both capital and small and including other various symbols and numbers in your passwords. The password or PINs helps us giving a protective layer to our accounts. No one can easily just guess up or have access to your accounts.
HOW YOU CAN SET YOUR PASSWORD FOR SBI ONLINE BANKING? (SBI internet
Whenever you login to sbi internet banking application for the first time, you
are requested to set your profile password.
- SETTING UP PASSWORD:
Enter your desired password which includes characters, numbers and symbols.
You got to re-enter the same password again just to confirm that you have
entered the correct password at the time of setting it up.
Click submit. After submitting you will get a form to set the hint question
- Now choose the suitable question from the list and enter the answer
to the selected hint question and click submit.
(NOTE: Choose a question which is easy-peasy and you can easily remember
the question as well as answer).
But unfortunately, sometimes we forget the password we gave at the time of
logging in and as a result we are prohibited from using the SBI online
banking. At that time, we just freak out as we are unable to recall our
password and just wander here and there to find ways on how to recover the
SBI online password which we forgot ultimately.
So here is a fully fledged descriptive guide on “How you can recover your
SBI online password”.
FORGOT PROFILE PASSWORD:
In this case you can recover(reset) your SBI online password yourself. You
just need to authenticate yourself with the hint question and answer that
you had set for the profile password (mentioned above).
So now the whole procedure on HOW YOU CAN RESET YOUR PASSWORD:
- First, open your internet and go on the site of SBI bank.
When you go on this website the below page will be opened.
- Now, click on login. (NOTE: depends on you whether you want to go
fir simple login or login lite.) Login Lite is nothing it’s just a
lighter version of the site which uses less data(internet). Below
page will be opened.
- Now, you just click on “CONTINUE TO LOGIN” that is located at the
right side of the page in a blue rectangle box showed above. After
clicking on that box this page will be opened.
- Now, you just need to click on the blue options that is given at
the right side of the page.
- New user? Register here
- Forgot login password
- Forgot username
You need to click on the “Forgot login password”.
When you click on the “Forgot login password” the following page will open.
- You need to choose the “Forgot my login password”. There will be
three options in the list when you click on the black downward
triangle. You just stick to “Forgot my login password”.
- Click to “next step” box after you ar done choosing the “Forgot my
login password” option.
- Now after clicking the “next step” box, the following page will be
The following page will be opened. ( NOTE: the ‘*’ denotes that the field
is mendatory that means you have to give the information asked in that
Here you have to enter:
- ACCOUNT NUMBER
- REGISTERED MOBILE NUMBER (NOTE: you have to enter the same mobile
number that you entered at the time of setting up your account.
- DATE OF BIRTH (NOTE: use the calender which is located at the right
- ENTER THE TEXT THAT IS LOCATED IN THE BOX. FOR EXAMPLE HERE IN THE
BELOW PICTURE IT IS: 708CB.
- Then click on submit.
- Then there will be a page where you have to enter the “One time
password” that must have came on your mobile number.
- Then you have to enter the OTP i.e. one time password in the blank
box and click on the “CONFIRM” box.
- After entering the OTP, the next page will be opened and there will
ne two options there:
- After selecting the “Forgot profile password” click on submit.
After clicking on submit there will be a page:
Here, if you choose the first option that is “Reset the login password at
branch” then you have to visit the branch and then reset the password.
If you choose the second option that is “Receive new password by post”,
then you will get it by post.
If you just want to reset your password and you remember the previous
- Select the “Remember your profile password” option and click on
- After clicking on “submit” the following page will be opened. Here
on this page you need to enter your old pasword and click on
- Then, after clicking the submit button there will be a page where
you have to enter the desired password two times.
Click the “submit” button.
- After clicking the submit button you are all done with the
resetting of your password.
It will display the following message.
- THERE IS ONE MORE METHOD OF RECOVERING YOUR FORGOTTON SBI ONLINE
- Go to profile and click on “profile” that is located at the upper
- When you click on the profile option, there will be lots of options
pop up under the bar, and you have to select the “change passwords”
opions. Shown below:
- After clicking on “change passwords”, another page will be opened.
At that page, you need to click on the “forgot profile password”
which is written in blue color. Shown below:
- After clicking the “forgot profile password” there will be another
page, there will appear two boxes, in first you have to select the
hint question that you had chosen at the time of setting up your
SBI online profile(mentioned above) and then write the same answer
that you gave at the profie setting up time and click on “submit”.
- After clicking submit, there will be a page opened where you have
to enter your “NEW PASSWORD” which you want to set and then
re-enter the password again.
Then, you have to choose the “hint question and answer” again.
(NOTE: you can choose a new hint question and answer or the one you
- After entering data in all the fields, click “submit”.
- After clicking on submit, there will be a message will will show
that your password is successfully changed.
But the only drawback of the above method is, “you NEED to remember the
hint question and answer” that you had set up at the time of setting up of
your profile password.